In case you haven’t picked up on this yet (or, you’re a new reader), I am pretty much obsessed with buttons. Finding jars of them in antique stores and trying to figure out what to do with them has become pretty fun for me (yes, my life is THAT exciting).
This tutorial is on a headband I wore in this post from a little over a week ago..
Any type of strong adhesive (Gorilla Glue works great)
Thick Felt in a color of your choosing
1. Start by drawing the shape you want with the sharpie and then cutting it out.
2. Start to arrange buttons on the felt (do not glue them down yet). I like to dump the buttons out on a piece of felt, or paper (makes for easier clean up)
3. Once you have an idea which buttons are going where, you can start to glue them down
4. Once you’ve covered the felt, allow it to dry for about 15 minutes, the glue the felt to your headband
5. Allow it to dry overnight and it will be ready to wear in the morning!