One of my very first projects when I started this blog was trying to recreate a shirt I found on Pinterest. Below is what I came up with..
You can check out the full original post here.
I tried to document the process (with my phone, so I apologize in advance for the photo quality). To recreate this you need the following:
- Thrifted shirt (I recommend buying one thats at least one size bigger as it does become smaller after sewing)
- A Fashion Zipper (this one was 22″)
- 1 Yard of Lace
- Extra fabric for the bow
3. Pin the zipper along the edge of each side from the bottom of the shirt up
4. Unzip the shirt and sew (using a zipper foot) from the bottom up on each side
5. Pin your lace in place on each side
After this I just sewed a silk bow on the top. It doesn’t look exactly like the original, but I think it turned out OK.
In other life/blog related news, my bike was stolen while I was out of town last weekend, hoping whoever took it has given it a good home 😦